“According to the provisions of Clause 13, Article 3 of the Law on Entry, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam 2014, Temporary residence card means a type of paper issued by an immigration authority or a competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to foreigners who are permitted to reside for a definite term in Vietnam and are valid for visa replacement. This card helps foreigners to stay and enter Vietnam more easily, conveniently and quickly in immigration, entry and transit procedures; protect the lives, property, interests and other legitimate interests of foreigners on the basis of international laws and treaties to which Vietnam has signed. However, not all foreigners can easily apply for a temporary residence card because of language barriers and embarrassment because the paperwork and records of each country will have certain differences. “
In this article, we will answer your questions about the provisions of the law on applying for temporary residence cards for foreigners in Vietnam.
In order not to be affected by the plan to stay in Vietnam, the investor needs to understand the regulations related to the Temporary Residence Card to determine whether he/she is a subject of temporary residence card. To determine this, the Investor needs to consider the type of visa that the foreign individual is issued upon entry into Vietnam. Currently, investors when entering Vietnam on a visa with the symbol LV1, LV2, LS, DT1, DT2, DT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ1, LĐ2, TT, are considered for issuance of temporary residence cards.
English translation. In particular, you are a foreign investor who needs to pay more attention to some following visa:
- DT1- Granted to foreign investors and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution valued at VND 100 billion or more or investing in investment incentive sectors or geographical locations with investment incentives. The temporary residence card of this subject has a maximum term of up to 10 years.
- DT2- Granted to foreign investors and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution valued from VND 50 billion to under VND 100 billion or investment in sectors encouraged in development by the Government. The card has a maximum validity of not more than 5 years.
- DT3- Granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution valued from VND 03 billion to under VND 50 billion. The card has a maximum validity of not more than 3 years.
English translation. Regarding dossiers of application for temporary residence cards, foreign investors need to prepare:
- Written request of agencies, organizations and individuals implementing procedures for invitation and guarantee;
- Declaration of request for issuance of temporary residence card with photo of the applicant;
- Certified copy of Investment registration certificate;
- Legal documents of the guarantee company, including: Certified copy of enterprise registration certificate, Certified copy of Stamp registration certificate (if any), document introducing the signature seal under requested form;
- Original passport, temporary residence card (if any);
- 02 photos 2x3cm;
- And some documents proving that they are foreign investors depending on the specific case.
English translation. The application will be reviewed by the immigration authorities of Vietnam with a processing time limit of 05 (five) working days.
The temporary residence card after being issued will have a specific term which will be shorter than the remaining period of the passport by at least 30 days. When the temporary residence card expires, the foreign investor will apply for a new temporary residence card without having to carry out renewal procedures. English translation.
Vietnam is always open to foreign investors. With the need to attract investment, Vietnam’s immigration and temporary residence policies are always adjusted to create the most favorable conditions for investors. However, due to the Covid-19 epidemic, policies related to the entry of foreign investors are being tightened, which greatly affects the movement of investors as well as indirectly prevents investors from doing business in Vietnam. If you are experiencing difficulties at any stage, please contact us for advice and support.